Wednesday 12 March 2008

Ear ear 4

Got a letter today inviting me to go back to the hospital to see the Great Man about the follow up to my ear surgery. (The story so far – part of ear trimmed off neatly by surgeon with sharp knife, put in plastic pot and sent off for analysis. Ear heals up well. I tell people I’ve had ear surgery, to which all reply “Oh really?” accompanied by moving their head from side to side as they look intently and comparatively at my two ears. Now read on …..)

What I want to know is, What was it? He reckoned it would be nothing Special or Serious. But I’m supposed to go and see him to find out. But we were going off for a boating week after Easter. What to do? I asked if they would tell me over the phone; No. Would they send results to my doctor? Nope. When is the next appointment? The end of May! I express some surprise. The Great Man sees everyone he operates on, she says. Very commendable, I say. But what to do? The receptionist says she’ll book me for May and the secretary will get back to me. I wait. The secretary does not get back to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it were something serious you'd have been called in straightaway

AnneDroid said...

Enjoyed reading your blog which I got to through fdh above which I got to I can't remember how.

Interesting to see you are ISTJ as I am ENFP. We must see, or at least react to, the world utterly differently. How exciting!

racingdemon said...

Thanks for that! I generally get on well with my "shadow", but I know many who run a mile! My current colleague is ENFP and we feel we complement each other. She has a dozen bright ideas before breakfast; I pick one and work out how to make it happen; by which time she's had six more ideas...