Wednesday 2 April 2008

Several phone calls run together

Yes, well it is a while …. 12 March? That long? Well it must be if you say so ….. I know … well this and that; my mother was ill, so I went to see her, and that was unscheduled, and in the middle of Holy Week, so it took a bit of doing … no, of course I don’t resent it, I love my mother, it just takes a bit of setting it all up …. Well, I’m glad you enjoy the blog; but there are other forms of entertainment …. No, I can’t find anything on TV either, but you could get a book to read…. Well, I always have several on the go; enjoyed the Life of Pi recently … well I found time on the train, going to see my mother … so, no , it wasn’t all bad, it gave me a bit of space to read, granted…. look, this blog isn’t just for your entertainment, you know! … well, for my own fulfillment and my development as a writer, I suppose … well I think it is …. Well start one yourself, why don’t you? …. OK, maybe not …. I’ll try … well, certainly there’ll be a couple of posts this week … don’t know …. trains; I can’t drive all that way … not bad, about five hours …. Could have been worse, could’ve been in Terminal 5! ….. No, Easter was good, in the end …. I think I preached a kick-ass Easter sermon, and then found out that Giles Fraser and Rowan Williams agreed with me … maybe it was the other way round, I don’t think they could have read my stuff ….. yes, I saw Giles article in the Guardian …. well, you did ask … no, I’m trying to be honest … yes, we went off for a few days, and even got the boat out on the river for a day ..brilliant!. and yourself? Good … that’s nice …. You must come over … I’ve no idea, things are going to get busy again …. The Magic Bus is here! Yes! Fab! Tigger is busy doing the nest-building thing inside! Yes! We took it down for the week and drove it back … a few things … it’ll go back next week for as couple of jobs … yes…. probably at the end of the month for a couple of nights, maybe over to the coast …. yes…. well, I must go; stuff to do ….. I will … well, probably in a day or two, if there’s something to write about ….

No comments: