Tuesday 3 February 2009

Snow brings everything to a halt

So the snow has brought the country to a standstill. Can't say we've noticed much difference round here. There is no rush hour or morning commute. What buses we have are still running. But meetings and other events have been cancelled, because some people live up long lanes and tracks that are impassable. So I'm enjoying the opportunity to write, to read and to sort the house out a bit more.

Nearly finished "The Spiral Staircase" - what a great book! I'll be posting on this when I've finished it, but it's one of those rare books that i don't want to finish, and could easily start reading from the beginning all over again.

Grey Fox, my "exit consultant", has given me a good idea. She is putting together an anthology of influential pieces - books, prayers, hymns - with a commentary. I'm looking at trying something similar, perhaps with a new blog linked to this one. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: