Monday 8 June 2009

My Lord, what a morning!

Yesterday it was bucketing down all day. The choir chose to sing the Negro spiritual "My Lord, what a morning!" as we shivered and rung out our coats and stashed our umbrellas at the back of church.

Today; another morning. i seem to live in a country where nearly a million voters are prepared to vote for a party defined only by what it is against, what it would destroy, what it wants to stop. No positive agenda at all. The British Nasty Party might make you feel better in the short term, but it won't do you any good in the long term.

They came for the Jews, and I said nothing, because I am not a Jew. They came for the blacks, and again, I said nothing, because I am not black. They came for the communists, and again i said nothing, because I am not a communist. then one night, they came for me. And there was no-one left to speak up for me.

No comments: