Monday 14 January 2008

Anglican bloggers

I've checked out this Anglican bloggers unite stuff and the idea of a "Facebook Communion" to solve all the problems of Anglicanism worldwide. As far as I can see, all it does is import all the usual arguments into interminable blogs, with everyone arguing with each other, as in meetings, newspapers and websites all over the place already. What does this actually achieve? More to the point, is it attractive? Not to me it isn't. I don't want to give the Akinolas of this world the oxygen of publicity; I don't want to pay those trad Aussies the compliment of my attention. The truth is, I am bored by all this stuff. I like Dave Walker's cartoons; I think he has an authentic, witty take on the Church of England that amuses me, and makes me think a bit. But the rest of it you can keep. I've checked out of communion with all that. I don't need all those words. I don't want the aggro. Thanks all the same.

No comments: