Tuesday 29 January 2008

Blog Publication of the Month

My unsolicited junk mail is now coming in boxes brought by couriers. One hundred copies of a wedding magazine (how many weddings do they think we do around here?) appeared on my doorstep. It’s so good, that I’m going to make it my Blog Publication of the Month. We’ll call it Borsetshire Bride & Groom (because that’s not its name). There’s lots of fascinating stuff in it, but we’ll start with this guy:
Who is this ? He appears several times throughout the magazine. Is he a real bishop? The dreamy expression is quite authentic. The pose, with clasped hands, is not so. At college we were always advised not to stand like that, s it looked as if we were in an indirect free kick defensive wall, guarding our wedding tackle from harm. Not a good look. I know things have changed, but this is surely not the pose of choice for our spiritual leaders. Is he taking a fee for this? The caption suggests that he should be. Has he declared it on his Church Commissioners PUB and PUN forms? Is he moonlighting? If he’s not real, perhaps he’s one of those suspect characters who model for vestment magazines. Anyone know any more? I think we should be told.

2 comments:

hencity said...

when you find out, I want to know too since I've had the same reaction to it. Love the blog, Racing Demon - loved that play too - it made me cry, which is surprising for an ENTP!

latestarter said...

Is excommunication practised in the Church of England these days? If so, would the writers of Vestment be elligible? It is a delicious website. Where on earth did you find it?